• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 198 on 12 Jan 2017, 04:36
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Collapse view

GTR2 Season

• Advertisement

FO-SSR-TGE Summercup Race 3 : A1 Ring Sign-in

Welcome in the Race Season here you can find everything about the Races we organise.

Re: FO-SSR-TGE Summercup Race 3 : A1 Ring Sign-in

Postby kg7 » 20 Jul 2008, 22:28

unlucky a-f-u , i had same problem with ninjas car a few times but luckily i didnt take race ending damage.

all in all was a great race for me. :-* ;D :D :)apart from my throttle not going full which can be fixed np, i was  very happy to finish the race without a incident.had a great race with the other corvette and came out on top ,with full throttle i think i could of even held off the lambo who finish 5th.

next race please. ::) :P :P
kg7
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Team: Flatout Racing

Postby DmSProject » 21 Jul 2008, 00:18

Hi guys, Dan from SSR here.
First up, congrats to a slam dunk tonight, you did real good!

Then, a big sorry to (I think it was) AFU whom I took out (myself as well) :(

On lap 41 I was chasing 13'th after some fast and traffic free laps feeling really really good from 40 incident free laps with respectable laptimes creeping below 1.33 with fresh tires.

Coming out of the hairpin onto the straight I checked the mirror to see what kind of gap I had behind.
As I look forward again I see a dustcloud on the left of the track and what I think was [FO]AFU's porsche seemingly standstill by the rails, I keep well to the right to pass with margin.

Then just in front of me he bounces out on the track, I prefer to think that lag or a wierd perspective made him look stationary, either way it ends in a perfect T-Bone and we are both out of the race. 

In hindsight I should have slowed down before the driveby, but as everything seemed right there and then, I had a gap the size of brooklyn bridge to pass in...
Basically I was dead wrong 

I went for a walk with the dog to cool off instead of staying on the server.
Again, a big Sorry to AFU (or if it was anyone else) and congrats to FO, this must have been close to grand slam for you guys!

Cheers/Dan
Last edited by DmSProject on 21 Jul 2008, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
DmSProject

Postby Wheely » 21 Jul 2008, 05:55

Great Race mates :)
Congratulations Rugio, at last could you take a win here to :)
Awesome pace you had,
What a shame with all disturbance at SSRs server, then we also had some lag at FO server,
So it was kinda messy last night.
I had a good fight against Berger until the pitstop, where he left the session, seems his pit place was occupied.
So after pitstop was it 40 secunds down to 3rd, great ride there Ed, very impressing of you to grab that place.
Last stint was just about to have the car over the finnish line, So I took it cool and chilled. watching the score board and felt very happy over our positions,
Then AFU disappeared >:( and with 4 laps remaining Ninja also was gone, here did we lost some good points :'(
I was really worried over Ninjas connection, He was disappearing now and then, also was his car frozen on the track, but I hoped all could go well, shame it didn`t :'(
All drivers seems much better to handle the traffic now, after some races, So I had not one big incident ;D
Great driving in NGT class aswell, Where Test and IRW owned the show ;D
Thanks all :)
Hope we can take it all the way at last race ;D
And left SSR and TGE behind ;D

:) ;D  8) GO [FO) GO :) ;D 8)
Last edited by Wheely on 21 Jul 2008, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Wheely
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 21 Jul 2008, 07:01

Nice race it was. Getting pole in Group 2 wasn't so difficult with the power of the GT2.
But for the race i wasn't so sure, seeing Ian's pace in the Beemer. Only he was in world of his own in that car. :)
So the two of us pulled away from the rest. Was soon obvious that we had only eachother to fight. I drove very calm and discovered the nice torque of the GT2, using 2nd gear in the hairpin made that my rear tyres lastest longer and it didn't make me slower. I keep a steady pace, only near the end of stint 1 i made some mistake as i lost concentration when my back hurted, the pitstop was a nice relieve. Shame you lost time in the pits there ian now we couldn't continue the nice battle.
2nd stint i just enjoyed doing laps in this nice car, i could keep doing 1:30 upto the last lap, car handled like a dream and with a lighter back i was playing around. Almost got my fastest lap in the second last lap.

LOL, ninja, i enjoyed dodging your car, i backed of after you passed me, but your car kept appearing during at least 2 laps. Sometimes right in the middle off a corner ;D . By taking it easy i could avoid it without problems. Not your fault mate, don't feel bad about it, nothing you could do.
Phenom II x4 945 | GTS250 512Mb | 16GB DDR3 |ASUS M5A99X EVO | G25 Wheel | GameRacer Elite
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Testdriver@Belgium

Postby Iain Wilton » 21 Jul 2008, 07:21

Yip great job by everyone for last nights race!!

Quali was pretty good, seeing my pace was much quicker than the other Beemers, even getting a pb, although I should of broken into the 29's.  Was very pleased we did not do quali AGAIN!!  after the problems, as otherwise I would not of had time for race.

Got a good start, and caught the guys behind napping so was over 1 sec in front when crossed the line, then it was just of matter of trying to stay with Test (Well I tried, awesome pace by you m8y), as was pulling over 1 second away every lap from the guys behind.  The M3 was awesome to drive round here, same as Test, tyres lasting perfectly even setting quicker sector times at end of stints although could not get last corner right to be my quickest.  My only issues was, running wide approaching the hairpin, trying to get a calculater to make sure had the right amount of fuel...lol, having to queue in the pits after taking 2 laps to request the stop, then Ninja popped in front of me a couple of times after he lapped me....but no issues, as was expecting it.

All in all, good job Rugio and Wheely...nice one fellas!!

Soz, as well for AFU, hard luck m8.

That race has made me fall in love with the M3 again!!  Any chance of a special event round Montreal sometime???   ;) ;) ;D ;D
Last edited by Iain Wilton on 21 Jul 2008, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
4.4GHz AMD FX 4170 Quad Bulldozer CPU / Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 / 24GB 1333Mhz DDR3 / GeForce GTX780 / 1 TB WD Bk HD / Samsung 27" Curved / Fanatec 911 Wheel - ClubSport Pedals + GT Omega Racing Rig / GameCom 780 Headset 7.1 DTS & BOSE Speakers
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76

Postby Iain Wilton » 21 Jul 2008, 07:21

Oh yeah....where was our GTC driver???
4.4GHz AMD FX 4170 Quad Bulldozer CPU / Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 / 24GB 1333Mhz DDR3 / GeForce GTX780 / 1 TB WD Bk HD / Samsung 27" Curved / Fanatec 911 Wheel - ClubSport Pedals + GT Omega Racing Rig / GameCom 780 Headset 7.1 DTS & BOSE Speakers
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 21 Jul 2008, 07:30

irw76 wrote:Oh yeah....where was our GTC driver???

LOl was thinking the same, next time better have a full grid ourselfs  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  LOL, it was only after the race it came to me we had no GTC driver :)
Last edited by Tom Ilsbroux on 21 Jul 2008, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom II x4 945 | GTS250 512Mb | 16GB DDR3 |ASUS M5A99X EVO | G25 Wheel | GameRacer Elite
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 21 Jul 2008, 07:39

Now this was a great moment, near the end of the race i was closing on on the SSR GT2 which was nice so i could have a goal again, funny enough he was closing in on the TGE GT2. We joined to together in the hairpin, what are the odds of this happening :) . Here a pic, this will help me forget the race at zandvoort  ;D
Above all Rookie was lapping us and Zey was infront of the TGE GT2. We where 5 together almost everyone in different laps  ;D ;D ;D

[img1]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/testdriver_belgium/A1-2.jpg[/img]
[img9]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/testdriver_belgium/A1-1.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Tom Ilsbroux on 21 Jul 2008, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby rugio21 » 21 Jul 2008, 13:49

sorry I couldn't say any longer to chat a bit after the race, but the wife had a frying pan in her hand  :o(I thought the safest move would be do disconnect ;D ;D)

grats to all the FO guys specially to wheely, really good pace m8.

Had a very stable and safe race, except the first corner when I went wide, wheely and me got side by side, and at first thought to let him take first place, this way I got to battle with Berger and have him slow down becasue of the fighting, this way wheely could take a few seconds of marging, but wheely backed down before I could make up my mind.
Race pace was very good mid or low 25s all the way except when running into backmarkers (really good job guys). Wasn't pushing at all and before I realised I had lapped everyone except wheely. The 550 had no competition here. Felt prety bad everytime I had to lap a C5 (sorry C5 I'll make it up to you next season).
Only had one Scary moment in the main straight I was about to lap one of STEFFAN and he was lapping Zey.
"If you’re going to lead, then lead. If you’re going to follow, get the hell out of my way!"
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough
rugio21
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby kg7 » 21 Jul 2008, 15:33

Felt prety bad everytime I had to lap a C5 (sorry C5 I'll make it up to you next season).

:P

That race has made me fall in love with the M3 again!!  Any chance of a special event round Montreal sometime???

yeh iam always up for single make races. 8)
kg7
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Hatch » 21 Jul 2008, 16:12

Well my race went bad after the pitstop.
In the first few laps I was pushing & trying to pass a Saleen.
I cut inside when midcorner but got hit by him.
I wasn't sure if it was my fault so I stopped and let KG & another C5 by.
After having passed the Saleen I went after the other C5's and after a couple of laps passed them as well.
Although I suppose I couldmhave gone the full distaance without a tyre change I decided to just pit press enter to minimise any time lost due to changing the strategy.
Alas my pitcrew goofed and only filled up the tank with about 30 ltr's although my setup def stated 100 ltr's.
So my race was essentially over.
After that I just cruised around overtaking the stragglers.
A pity as the car was going very well and except for the occasional trying to avoid some crashes in front I had no problems.
In retrospect there wasn't much I could have done about the pitproblem.
but I will drive on in future if someone tries closing the door on me when we're already side by side.
Hatch
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Zey » 21 Jul 2008, 16:24

Good race eventually guys !!!, Pity Rafnix didnt make it in .
I totally and absoulutly ballsed up my race by thinking i had loaded me killer setup only to find out at pit and end of race i was on a default setup .Could explain the alien fast pace that IRW76 had when he went past me , i tried to stay with him but he was in a different class .
each lap i tried to get turn one a little better each time untill on lap 8ish  i clipped the armco and suffered with bad understeer till me pit.
I also ran into the back and suffered aero damage again on lap 45ish , i think it was wheely who was lagging and jumping about to me the whole race . I think it was at the hairpin , one minute he was there way up in front after lapping me then next thing i was on top of him .
    Commiserations to Berger who had someone occupying his pit box when he came in .
Zey
Flatout Trainee
Flatout Trainee

Postby Yellowninja02 » 21 Jul 2008, 18:08

BIG SORRY to AFU m8.

Well I have no ideas what the hell that was all about, my connection was OK when I checked it out.

All I can say is I hope I didn't any problems for any one else.
I'm still there in your mirrors!! Well some of the time anyway !! Come on Tom I'm right behind you :-)
Yellowninja02
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Roy Carless

Postby Iain Wilton » 21 Jul 2008, 18:48

Yellowninja02 wrote:BIG SORRY to AFU m8.

Well I have no ideas what the hell that was all about, my connection was OK when I checked it out.

All I can say is I hope I didn't any problems for any one else.

I would not worry too much m8....just one of those things. 
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby kg7 » 21 Jul 2008, 19:28

yeh ninja very bad luck,ur net is normally solid. ??? you was doing well and looked like you were gonna bring it home.bad luck, yeh ur laaaaag was terrible i had to dodge ur car good 10 times over the course of 7 laps or so, even hit it on straight.my car leaped in to the air and everything.
kg7
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

PreviousNext

Return to GTR2 Season