• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 198 on 12 Jan 2017, 04:36
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Collapse view

Other Race Games

• Advertisement

Project CARS

Re: Project CARS

Postby slyST » 09 Nov 2012, 23:12

i wanted to add some info to this thread as iam enjoying project Cars alot.
i understand Mikko won a thrustmaster well done they have another Thrustmaster competition running now, your name Mikko was mentioned on the forums hoping you wouldnt win the second competition LOL falldownlaugh
its a random comp this time just need to post a time.

so it looks like pCars will be available at retail the fall 2013, they have just this week forced the seta tyre model on the community and done away with the boring/arcade previous tyre model. I must says even in its current form i think its very good. I haven`t tried rFactor2 so comparing the physics is something i cant do. gfx are the best i have seen in a sim game maybe even current pc gaming IMO, a real rig tester but is built by the shift guys so will be optimised well come retail.

Whats your opinions Ken and Mikko ? like to hear them.
Will pCars be the right sim for the simracing community? will it be modable? even though its community funded/created iam not sure it fits into what a real sim game needs to be. I dont know the plans of the devs.

Iain! this Capri is in tonight http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _f_TCE.jpg
now they have multiplay up and running with the real tyre model its looking very nice. RUF licence has recently been acquired cool !
slyST
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Team: Flatout Club

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 10 Nov 2012, 08:43

Cool, thanks Simon. Would be nice to get more info about how multiplayer works on these new games as that is where rFactor excels in. And for a league a great game without proper multiplayer is useless.

Remember Toca series or even GTR2 which where to sensitive towards contact in mutliplayer mode.
Phenom II x4 945 | GTS250 512Mb | 16GB DDR3 |ASUS M5A99X EVO | G25 Wheel | GameRacer Elite
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Testdriver@Belgium
Team: Flatout Racing

Postby Mikko Korkiakoski » 10 Nov 2012, 09:50

Yeah there's another competition going on but this time the winners are not the fastest but the ones that are the lucky ones to be drawn out of the hat. So all lap entries are in the lottery unlike when I had beat everybody's ass to win my own T500. :D

I had my G25 in use when I tried pCARS last night and it didn't feel particulary good. I will need to investigate what was wrong or just use my T500 because it's always been the better wheel for it anyways. I will be trying out the multiplayer probably this week end for the first time so it should be interesting.
Mikko Korkiakoski
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Name: Mikko Korkiakoski
Nickname: Reissuleipa

Postby Adz1200 » 10 Nov 2012, 12:16

It seems like exciting times ahead with various new Sim's coming out.
Everyone's taste is diffrent but I really hope there is a clear winner that the majority enjoy.

I have heard mention of Netkar 2, I always thought Netkar was a very good Sim, just under supported but if no.2 takes off it could be one to watch !
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Adam Shaw

Postby Mikko Korkiakoski » 10 Nov 2012, 12:42

Adz1200 wrote:I have heard mention of Netkar 2, I always thought Netkar was a very good Sim, just under supported but if no.2 takes off it could be one to watch !

That would be Assetto Corsa Adam. There's no Netkar 2. O0
Mikko Korkiakoski
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Postby Adz1200 » 10 Nov 2012, 12:58

Ahh, ok thanks for that Mikko, I had a look at some info on this and it sounds great, yet another one to look forward to.
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Adam Shaw

Postby slyST » 10 Nov 2012, 16:50

i believe pCars funding will be met today 3.75million euros. some people have invested tens of thousands into the project which only proves people have high hopes for this sim. the Formula A and B open wheelers are a very nice drive, great sense of speed. i enjoy the radical twin seater open wheelers myself atm.

iam sure once retail comes round in the future and its out it will be a nice moddable sim, but it has a long way to go. Interesting stuff exciting times for the simracing communities. :D
slyST
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Mikko Korkiakoski » 10 Nov 2012, 17:44

pCARS will not be moddable like rF2. There has been some discussion about this and there might be some moddable features but not to the extent of rF.
Mikko Korkiakoski
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Postby Ken Bell » 10 Nov 2012, 20:40

To be honest, I have not been on Pcars for a number of months as I was pissed off having to keep on DL'ing new builds.
But I have been reading about it more and am going to DL the latest build and have a go. Love the idea of the open wheelers.

I have been on iRacing a lot recently and was not really happy with it at all. Something on it wasn't right and comparing the in-car view where, in rFactor you can get g-force when braking and good head wobble going over bumps, this wasn't available in iRacing so it felt dead to me. BUT, I dl'd a wonderful bit of software done buy a young French lad to allow all this in a changeable ini file. Result: New game!! Completely awesome to drive now. I am in a Radical Club doing a season of races and so far, doing ok.

As for rFactor2? Going to re-install it on my neww PC in which I have an SSD and hopefully can drive faster.

rFactor1?? Still going strong and bit unhappy the F1 is coming to a close, wondering if we will ever have a nice openwheel series again as I love them as we all know. So, thats me, oh, am also waiting in anticipation for Assetto Corsa as that is looking fantastic. I have Netcar Pro and that is good but as stated earlier, is undersupported.

So, there it is from me. lol2
What, no slippers and smelly pipe?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Nickname: Chillster

Postby Mikko Korkiakoski » 10 Nov 2012, 21:30

You know Ken, you pCARS build dl system has changed and you only need to fire up the "installer" and it will update it for you.
Mikko Korkiakoski
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Postby Ken Bell » 11 Nov 2012, 03:14

Actually I am aware of this as you reminded me a short while ago. However, because of upgrading my PC, I haven't got round to doing a big DL and starting again.

I will get around to it sometime.
What, no slippers and smelly pipe?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Nickname: Chillster

Postby Mikko Korkiakoski » 11 Nov 2012, 22:26

I'll post this here too as it kinda dropped my jaw to the floor...make sure you watch in 720p.

Watch on youtube.com

WTF...my 600th post! lol2
Mikko Korkiakoski
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Postby Risto Kappet » 12 Nov 2012, 13:46

looks like rfactor 2 :D
Risto Kappet
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Nickname: Launger

Postby Mikko Korkiakoski » 12 Nov 2012, 13:54

Risto Kappet wrote:looks like rfactor 2 :D

Trolling is one thing...but that is just ridiculous Risto. cuckoo
Mikko Korkiakoski
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 12 Nov 2012, 14:32

Nah rFactor2 is better falldownlaugh falldownlaugh
Phenom II x4 945 | GTS250 512Mb | 16GB DDR3 |ASUS M5A99X EVO | G25 Wheel | GameRacer Elite
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Testdriver@Belgium

PreviousNext

Return to Other Race Games