• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 637 on 10 May 2020, 15:56
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Collapse view

Other Race Games

• Advertisement

GameStockCar

Re: GameStockCar

Postby trebor69 » 30 Nov 2013, 15:48

Adz1200 wrote:No I don't have that one, I remember Ken telling us it was good fun though. :)

Been playing this all day, it's awesome, love it. There is a deal on atm with this and the formula trucks game, worth getting cheap.
'Alcoholic - me? Don't be silly, alcoholics go to meetings, I go to parties' ~ trebor69
trebor69
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Rob Stubbs
Team: Flatout Racing

Postby Patrick weir » 30 Apr 2016, 01:35

Thought i would post this quick video i captured , sorry my gfx card is not any better but you get the idea , 5 laps only testing things and it was lots of fun , might we look into this could be a good one close racing even being a backmarker as you can see. ;D
Watch on youtube.com
Keep 'er lit
Patrick weir
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Pat
Nickname: P
Team: Flatout Club

Postby Patrick weir » 01 May 2016, 13:09

Sorry i forgot to say that was AI i was running with above , Settings at 105 , aggression at Medium.

Same net code as RF1 on the server side of things so adding AI to fill a grid (if needed) could be good as they are clean and will keep us (me) busy.
Keep 'er lit
Patrick weir
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Adz1200 » 01 May 2016, 17:48

I don't have this one but see it's selling for £14.99 on steam, if enough of us have it and are interested I would get it, although I already have Automobilista, I think the updated version of GSCE if that's better. :)
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Adam Shaw

Postby Patrick weir » 01 May 2016, 18:06

Great news mate , you can't be more fair that Adz nice one.
I'll still be doing P.Cars Monday race
Keep 'er lit
Patrick weir
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby trebor69 » 01 May 2016, 18:22

Just got to say guys i've got them all and i am in the R3E corner, it's bloody brilliant, been playing it a lot today, it may not have the graphics of pcars but the physics and Ai for me are spot on.

I get how good ISI is and rfactor and all that and i stand by my comments above but R3E imho has come a long way in the last 6-12 months and its a blast. Would love to get together for a race on there.
'Alcoholic - me? Don't be silly, alcoholics go to meetings, I go to parties' ~ trebor69
trebor69
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Patrick weir » 01 May 2016, 19:06

Hi mate , thanks for info.
I would just love to get some Flatoutclub racing going again as we knew it, if im honest i don't know what most of you guys have on these days with work and life stuff , all i can say for myself is that i would love to get racing with you guys again as for what software i don't mind when all is said and done .. now i admit i need a new gfx card but so far each time i tried R3E i get nothing but lag ( not sure if it was wheel lag or gfx card probs)so can't really say much about it , P.Cars i think we could all agree there is nothing else like it for visuals and going from reviews from other people it drives good , when i play P.cars online i get lots of micro stutters and lots of cars warping around me ( very off putting )GSCE and other Gmotor2 games have flaws also but the net code is about the best there is i think.

I also think i could care less about how good something looks over the game play any day to be tell the truth , i have tried them all and it could just be the fact i started sim racing on rf1 and everything else i tried up to this point just never felt as good even with the Gmotor 2 limitations.

If we go for another sim that's ok as well but i will need to get a new card ( due one anyway).

Lets talk guys get ideas flowing please.
Keep 'er lit
Patrick weir
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Ken Bell » 19 May 2016, 17:50

Hi Guys.

Reading through this post and realise that these latest posts are this month 2016!

If a few of you have GSC then I could get it. One question tho? Does it need a more powerful pc than say rfactor or GTR2?
As mentioned earlier, I now only have a laptop, but I bought a T300 with a half of a GTOMEGA rig. If I get back into it then I can buy the seat bit!

So, GSC?
What, no slippers and smelly pipe?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Nickname: Chillster

Postby Patrick weir » 19 May 2016, 19:24

GSC Is just the same as rfactor ken , ONLY with lots of improvements and overall better experience have a look at these Videos Ken before you spend any money mate.

just giving you an idea.
GSC
Watch on youtube.com

Automobilista
Watch on youtube.com

R3E DTM 1992
Watch on youtube.com
Keep 'er lit
Patrick weir
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Iain Wilton » 20 May 2016, 14:05

I am up for trying some Game stock car racing online, as if its based on rf I should be quick from the outset!! falldownlaugh falldownlaugh
i7 9700 / ASUSTeK PRIME H310-PLUS / 16GB RAM / RTX 2070 / 256GB SSD & 2* 1 TB WD / 32" ASUS 4K Screen / Fanatec CSL Elite / ClubSport Pedals V3 / Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter / GT Omega Racing Rig / ROG Keybd, Mouse, Balteus Qi Mat, ROG Delta Hdset
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76

Postby Ken Bell » 21 May 2016, 05:25

I wrote a big reply here and was asked for my password and it got lost!

Ok, liked the videos Pat. Think Empty Box likes the Extreme and the Automobilista too. Yes, I suppose they are a derivative of rFactor, but does that matter? Rfactor was and still is one of the best allround sims out there. Some of you guys have moved on to newer sims but I wont be able to until I have a new pc and that won't be until next year. Just bought a new car and at the moment going through the whole house and replacing carpets with wood flooring so its easier for me to get around. So a pc is low on the list at the moment.

Anyway, I like the look of GSC, Extreme and Automobilista. I take it the last one is an addon to Extreme?

I am happy to try any of them if it gets me into racing again with Flatout
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Ken Bell » 21 May 2016, 05:35

Been reading the whole topic that Pat started.

I love rF1. I like the look of GSC, Extreme and Automobilista as said above.

Also as above I have to limit my sims to these I think as laptop limits.

I really thank Pat for trying to get us all racing again. It would be so much fun.

I will try and go with the flow and if you guys are willing to perhaps sacrifice supreme graphics for gameplay with old buddies then I am all go.

I await .........
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Ken Bell » 21 May 2016, 15:21

I have been scouring the internet looking at gscextreme. I really like the look of it. I would like to buy it but will wait a short while to see what happens here.

Automobilista is still in beta mode so not sure on this tbh.

What I will do is concentrate on driving rFactor until we can sort out what we do.

I would love Extreme and that has my vote. Is this only available on Steam?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Patrick weir » 21 May 2016, 17:58

Hi Ken , GSCE is available in both stem and non steam versions as far as i know , i also believe if your able to run rf1 ok on laptop then gsce will run ok also.
Keep 'er lit
Patrick weir
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby trebor69 » 21 May 2016, 18:58

Yeah was gonna say Ken, going back to rf1 is a backward step to be honest mate, this is a hybrid of rf1 that is respected by a lot of simmers so the route to take is definitely this over rf1 and an in between to rf2.
trebor69
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

PreviousNext

Return to Other Race Games