• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 198 on 12 Jan 2017, 04:36
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Collapse view

NAGT Enduro Challenge

• Advertisement

Round 3 NAGT – Laguna Seca Afterthoughts

Round 3 NAGT – Laguna Seca Afterthoughts

Postby Iain Wilton » 16 May 2010, 15:02

Grats Lee, faultless race by you yesterday.

Quali - turned out to be quite close between me, Lee and Bryan. I didn't feel happy with my lap, but afterwards realised it was a pb, so shouldn't complain. :)

Race - Rookie got a blistering start next to me so was down to 4th place by T1. Thought would just stay calm and warm the tyres properly then start to attack, but lost the back under braking towards the corkscrew and went straight on.....down to 8th place when I finally got out of the gravel. Then the battle I had with Will was immense. Both of us making passes at the same time on Barry and Adz and we were no more than 0.7 secs apart for about 35 minutes. Really impressive driving there fella as I enjoyed every bit of it. notworthy2 Coming towards the pit stops, part of me didn't want to pit so our battle could continue, but knew it was my only chance, so came in 2 laps early than planned and had a pretty clear track to put the hammer down. Was a little surprised to jump Rookie as well in the stops, but was not complaining. Bad luck Will with your 3 stops, but tbh I dont think I could of continued that type of battle for the other 45 minutes......was totally exhausted at my pitstop.

Sorry as well to Ken for my outburst on TS when I t-boned you at the corkscrew. I dont know if you knew I was coming through or not. If you had stayed still I could of got round the back of you, but when you reversed I was like ah......s*** so had no where to go. Still got 2nd place so no harm done.

Also like last week, please fellas keep the chat / text in quali until EVERYONE has finished. Just because the time has counted down does not mean its over....if you start the lap with 1 second left you can still complete it!! Alot of people do their quickest times right at the end of quali.....
4.4GHz AMD FX 4170 Quad Bulldozer CPU / Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 / 24GB 1333Mhz DDR3 / GeForce GTX780 / 1 TB WD Bk HD / Samsung 27" Curved / Fanatec 911 Wheel - ClubSport Pedals + GT Omega Racing Rig / GameCom 780 Headset 7.1 DTS & BOSE Speakers
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76
Team: Flatout Racing

Re: Round 3 NAGT – Laguna Seca Afterthoughts

Postby Risto Kappet » 16 May 2010, 15:27

Congrats for the stable drivers and woohoo first race completed for me.

Quali was just about how i expected, had some trouble finding traffic free areas, once found was able to produce 1.29 mid or so, totally satisfied, started somewhat in the middle of the pack.

Start went rather troublefree, continued first few laps as we started - Adam infront and Andy behind, but with little race experience and the difference of driving styles around me ( Adam had very early braking and Andy, with his porche, very late braking ) and the bumpercamp i was using, i found it very hard to get into proper pace, and after some sweaty tyre wasting laps between them, i finally lost it somewhere and spun, ended up in 7th or 8th. The spin, coupled with hard racing had taken away my tyres quite quickly, so i knew already, that had to do one extra pitstop. So started pushing again hard, to regain some time, and started catching up pretty nice with the pack ahead, tho they were still quite far away. But occasionally did some medium mistakes, costing a few seconds, or sometimes spinning completley. Then had my first pit stop, and with even higher tyre pressure, evened out my pace, and basicly got to finish with stable .31/.32 times, and also pitting like 15min before the end. At the end was even catching Brian, but too little too late and finished 7th. Not bad, but still unsatisfied because of making so many mistakes and faulty tyre tactics. However, like Lee said, i really enjoy the challenge all this organizing gives :P , will practice even harder for next race and will try to improve :)

Also about the Aston, quite stable car, with plenty of power, but quite heavy and didnt see the massive tyre wear coming, altho the cars isnt that good handling, like volvo and nissan.

And finally np on Ken getting in the way a few times, and one bump. I lost no time and it isnt easy to understand where i was going. Shit happens mate lol
Risto Kappet
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Nickname: Launger

Postby Ken Bell » 16 May 2010, 16:42

That must have been one of the worst races I have had. Too much pain last night, so I had difficulty concentrating. My apologies to all who I held up, etc, esp to Iain: I spun on the corkscrew and tried to get back on the road. I was watching the traffic monitor and started to get out and there seemed plenty of time, but I got stuck. I then panicked when I 'saw' the cars coming close. I was trying to get on TS and say I was stopped in corkscrew but then thought I had it in first but had it in reverse and Poo, Iain hit me. I felt like a twat as it just isnt me as I pride myself on being able to get out the way. If I cant win, I want to be the best backmarker :punchie: :punchie: . So nothing to say, sorry iain.

Launger, I thought I always got out your way mate but one incident where we didnt know where to go and hit. Glad there was no damage there.

I was doing regular 1.35's one after the other and consistent, but obviously, consistently slow! Lets move on.

Just cant get to grip with this mod (sorry Lee). On the good side, there was a good turnout and well done all the winners. bowdown

Just looked at the stats - came top in one thing: Incidents = 38. falldownlaugh falldownlaugh falldownlaugh brickwall
What, no slippers and smelly pipe?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Nickname: Chillster
Team: Flatout Club

Postby Adz1200 » 16 May 2010, 19:00

Congrats to Lee, nice one m8ty.

I had the worst race in a long time here, dunno why as I have enjoyed Laguna in the past, just never got settled into a rhythm at all.
Had trouble with tyre temps for the whole race, got another blow out and after countless spins it was all I could do not to hit the escape button, but points make prizes so I just soldiered on.

Hope I enjoy the next round more.
Cheers all !
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Adam Shaw

Postby Brian Ronald » 16 May 2010, 22:06

After a crap start i had a steady race pace and the car had no real issues. I had an early dice with Ken until the tyres warmed and i broke free and caught Andy fairly quick. I couldn't get passed though and backed off several times before it ended in tears.. :crash: i eventaully got passed and just tried to keep the car stable and flowing and not work the tyres. 37 or so laps later i decided to pit (which was longer than i'd planned for). I ended up spinning on the way into the pits which was slightly silly! lol2 . the rest of the race i just watched others pitting and at one point i think i was 4th or maybe even 3rd! but with my questionable pace i was eventually caught and passed by Iain and Co. Still had way too much fuel when i finished and the tyres were 80% or so on the front. I should've really pushed harder but found the car stable with the pace i had so thought better of it.

Well done to Lee - awesome pace and control mate bowdown
Brian Ronald
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Name: Brian Ronald
Nickname: Gixxer

Postby RookieMaster » 16 May 2010, 22:10

Well done Lee for preventing me from a winning streak. You was on the same level as me in first two races. Nice job.
I didnt touch the wheel until couple of hours before the race, didnt have time to settle my pace and fine tune the setup, so have to be happy with 3rd. Everything was working out perfectly until I missed my shift, hit 1st instead of 3rd and went into the gravel in turn 1.
I lost all the buffer from Will and Iain and unadjusted tyre pressures started to hurt my pace. I lost position after pits on my own demand and just wasnt fast enough to regain it before the finish - nice recovery there Iain.
RookieMaster
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Name: Mateusz Marcinkowski

Postby Dice » 17 May 2010, 15:25

Well done Lee, nice win mate.

Damn blast and bugger...... going to change my name to Johnny Herbert for sure now.

What a race, awesome 35 mins racing Iain, very happy that I was able to keep you behind me for that long without losing it under pressure. Saw you go into the pits and concentrated on getting the hammer down without having to worry about you anymore asked for pit stop got told crew was ready came into pit lane and pressed request pit instead of pit limiter, pit stop cancelled but like a numpty I didn't realise, realised and then got drive thru penalty for speeding. Finally got a pitstop and came out 20-30 seconds behind Barry. Hammer down time screw the tyres and finish first in club was my aim, 4th overall meant good points for the team as well. chased Barry down and got passed then settled back as there was no way I was catching Rookie.

Great race with my chance of a possible podium(only a minute off 3rd after 3 stops) blown by pressing wrong button ( off to buy ribbon for my labelling machine now....lol), would love to have continued my battle with Iain but it wasn't to be. Well done to all that finished and see you all for the next race.

Dice
Dice
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Name: Will Currington
Nickname: Dice

Postby Andy Roberts » 17 May 2010, 19:32

Well I am glad that one is out the way don't get on with this track didn't like it in the gran tourismo days.

Quaily was crap couldn't seem to get any speed out of the porker (must have had volcanic ash slowing me down)

Race was ok had a few little battles but didn't have the pace to fight them off well done Lee good pace and consistency.
Andy Roberts
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 26 May 2010, 20:50

Phenom II x4 945 | GTS250 512Mb | 16GB DDR3 |ASUS M5A99X EVO | G25 Wheel | GameRacer Elite
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Testdriver@Belgium

Return to NAGT Enduro Challenge