• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 198 on 12 Jan 2017, 04:36
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Collapse view

Historic X

• Advertisement

Lienz Gp afterthoughts

Lienz Gp afterthoughts

Postby Adz1200 » 13 Sep 2010, 14:05

Well done to Risto for the win, nice one m8ty.

I got a pb in quali and was pleased with second place.
After a shaky couple of laps in the beginning and a spin that saw me move back down the pack I found a rhythm and kept going, had some great fights along the way but now its all a blur tbh as it was such a short lap, the laps seemed to blend together somehow and in the end came home in second place.

One more round to go, Cadwell, oh yes, we will have fun !!! ;D
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Adam Shaw
Team: Flatout Racing

Re: Lienz Gp afterthoughts

Postby Risto Kappet » 13 Sep 2010, 14:37

Quite a strange race for me, had no proper practice but my pb wasnt too far from Iains.
Anyway as quali started i was already totally exhausted from the practice and overall sleepy due to school, so rolled a third place.
Had light fever so i had loads of clothes and all windows closed, but the bad time in quali pissed me off, i got half-naked, opened all windows, shot my nose full of some spicy medicines, took a few spicy cough-candies and got myself pumped up. Thanks to that, i managed to actually drive properly for the first part of the race, keeping my front end in the right direction and managing myself. My freshpackage didn't last for the whole race tho, started to lose concentration mid-way, dropped pace and started making some light mistakes, never really pushed it 100%, altho i could have. Perhaps that had something to do with ( no offense and trying not sounding like a dick ) no competition and lack of people in the race, would love to see more in the final race! Also i imagine the long track with no reduced damage and time, but it still not easy heh.
Congrats to all finishers then i think, also the scores are quite level with Adam in the standings :P
Risto Kappet
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Nickname: Launger

Postby Iain Wilton » 13 Sep 2010, 17:13

Grats Risto for the win, Adz and Will for the other podium places!

Quali – never got a lap hooked up that I was pleased with although got pole. I knew if I got all 3 sectors right it would have been a 59 second lap, but alas could not get it right!

Race – Well quite possibly the worst race of my FO career!! Got the start I was hoping for as knew the first laps Adz and Risto would give me a hard time as I am not the best on cold tyres. Had to close the door quite sharply on Risto approaching the chicane on one of the laps, then he managed to get past although I probably could of defended the place a lot harder than I did. That’s when the mistakes starting creeping in. Was constantly running wide into downhill tight right hander before the short straight leading to the chicane which was doing my nutt in!! Then hit the chicane hard a few times trying to take my quail line and make up the time. Decided to pit after 30 minutes for fresh rubber and repair some of the damage and just go for it. Broke the lap record a few times and the times were slowly creeping down but then after 4 laps of 1:00.8 pace my engine died on me in the last corner and came into the pits. Then as if to compound my misery even more when I did the results I had only completed 68% of the race distance, so didn’t even score any points!! Lol

Moving on to Cadwell Park! So is anyone else up for the challenge of using the lower powered Capri or something??
4.4GHz AMD FX 4170 Quad Bulldozer CPU / Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 / 24GB 1333Mhz DDR3 / GeForce GTX780 / 1 TB WD Bk HD / Samsung 27" Curved / Fanatec 911 Wheel - ClubSport Pedals + GT Omega Racing Rig / GameCom 780 Headset 7.1 DTS & BOSE Speakers
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 13 Sep 2010, 17:47

Very very nice Risto, well done mate, and to adam and will for the podium places.

Weird one this was.

Could manage to do more then 2 laps in practice as i wasn't getting into the rhythm.

Qual was somewhat better as i managed a PB but not convincing either.

Race : Plan was to do steady laps and finish this one. Hopping others would make mistakes.
It wasn't going to bad, hit adam once hard as i couldn't avoid him anymore after the chicane and then one hit going uphill. But wasn't to bad as my car still went ok. Engine 24% left that i remember.
From then on i could make steady laps and had a good feel that i could finish. Only a few laps later my engine died. No idea why.
The hits couldn't have affected it as the engine is in the back, and i didn't get hit in the back.

Bit depressed as my plan to finish ended and i don't know why, if i would have crashed then it was my fault, now i just don't know what caused it. well there is always a next one :) :) :)
Phenom II x4 945 | GTS250 512Mb | 16GB DDR3 |ASUS M5A99X EVO | G25 Wheel | GameRacer Elite
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Testdriver@Belgium

Postby Adz1200 » 13 Sep 2010, 19:08

irw76 wrote:Moving on to Cadwell Park! So is anyone else up for the challenge of using the lower powered Capri or something??

Sounds good, but while you, Mr Wilton, have the series in the bag (again !!) it looks like I will have one hell of a battle on my hands in the last race if I'm gonna have any chance of the runners up spot Z3
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Iain Wilton » 13 Sep 2010, 20:08

Well tbh, I was kinda thinking that myself and might be a good idea if I was out of the way for that last battle  between you and Risto!!
4.4GHz AMD FX 4170 Quad Bulldozer CPU / Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 / 24GB 1333Mhz DDR3 / GeForce GTX780 / 1 TB WD Bk HD / Samsung 27" Curved / Fanatec 911 Wheel - ClubSport Pedals + GT Omega Racing Rig / GameCom 780 Headset 7.1 DTS & BOSE Speakers
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Adz1200 » 13 Sep 2010, 20:48

Lol, you'd probably still win in the slower Capri !!
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Iain Wilton » 13 Sep 2010, 21:04

Adz1200 wrote:Lol, you'd probably still win in the slower Capri !!

LOL, well although its slower, it handles better and from brief testing is less likely to roll :) Which could be a bonus.
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Postby Risto Kappet » 14 Sep 2010, 16:30

irw76 wrote:is less likely to roll :)

oh yes noticed that, is there no counter to it with some setup changes? i got on my roof quite alot in the couple of laps i have done so far, made it a bit stiffer and it held a bit more. also i dont want Adam to end his championship on his roof when i give out my regular bumps or when he overtries due to my superior pace ( ^-^ )
Risto Kappet
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Nickname: Launger

Return to Historic X