• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 198 on 12 Jan 2017, 04:36
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Collapse view

F1 71

• Advertisement

Toban afterthoughts

Toban afterthoughts

Postby Risto Kappet » 10 Oct 2010, 20:55

Well done Will for that first victory, took some time lol.

Since Iain couldn't come i took it quite easy all the way, got a pb in quali quite fast so relaxed rest of the session, and tried to do the same in the race. Got away nice, after a while i had to stop my car and let my cat out on the balcony, or she would have took a dump on the floor. Will managed to pass me during that time, and then gave me quite a hard fight, if i had known it i would have let her take that dump lol. Got past after a while, got into a nice pace and then out of nowhere hit an edge of a corner, it ripped my cars front half off, engine dead, dnf that easily...
Really awful to throw a rather easy win away, again.
Risto Kappet
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Nickname: Launger
Team: Flatout Racing

Re: Toban afterthoughts

Postby Iain Wilton » 10 Oct 2010, 21:41

Congrats Will on your first win! It doesn't matter how they come as a win is a win m8y, you have to to finish to score the points Happy3

lol @ Risto, remember next week to get some sleep, have food in you, and let the bloody cat out b4 the race! The 6 'p's and all that - prior preparation prevents piss poor performance.

I was a little gutted to miss this race as had good pace, even into the 28's for my race pace, and would of been pushing for a 27 in quali, but hey thats life. Wouldn't really be a good dad if I had left my daughter in pain, just so I could race.

The championship is hotting up now, and the remaining races is going to be interesting. I have to miss one more as well as going back home for a week, so my last 4 races HAVE TO COUNT!

Suzuka from a few laps just then could be a difficult race as tyre management is going to come into play as it feels like a very abrasive surface. Thank god we have a mandatory pitstop. :)
4.4GHz AMD FX 4170 Quad Bulldozer CPU / Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 / 24GB 1333Mhz DDR3 / GeForce GTX780 / 1 TB WD Bk HD / Samsung 27" Curved / Fanatec 911 Wheel - ClubSport Pedals + GT Omega Racing Rig / GameCom 780 Headset 7.1 DTS & BOSE Speakers
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76

Postby Dice » 10 Oct 2010, 22:26

What a buzz, great race feels good to have the 1st win on the board.
Still buzzing now. Seems my luck might have changed as my near misses with Barry and Andy wouldn't have been near misses usually.
Unlucky Risto on clipping the wall, you would have run away with the win for sure.
Can't write too much about race as it seems a bit of a blur, well done to Tom and Adz for the other podium places, on to Suzaka. See you all next week.

Dice.
Dice
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Name: Will Currington
Nickname: Dice

Postby Ken Bell » 11 Oct 2010, 06:14

Cat taking a dump? Have you ever smelt cat shit? Ooooh, its just 'orrible. leaves my face squirmed up as if I am chewing a wasp and my senses just not wishing to sense any more. Cat Shit STINKS somewhat FOUL! Horrible.

Let the cat out, as Will says, then maybe you will win the next race Risto, lol. falldownlaugh

Also, do you know what I saw on telly tonight/last night?

Program called 'Fat owners - Fat Pets'. Then this Fat bitch had a Fat cat on her lap, looked at its arse and wiped it.

Goodnight everyone. lol2 lol2 Going to be sick
What, no slippers and smelly pipe?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Nickname: Chillster
Team: Flatout Club

Postby Bevan Johnson » 11 Oct 2010, 09:29

Well done Will!! Congrats on your first win Happy3 Happy3

So disappointed on missing this one out, but my shoulder feels much better today for doing so. "Watched" the race on live view (not quite the same) and I think I would have had a great race with Badge, Andy and Ken. Oh well. :'(

Roll on Suzuka Happy2
Patrick weir wrote:It must be a FO thing we see a hole and go for it ... Whether or Not it has hair round it
Bevan Johnson
Flatout Tech Department
Flatout Tech Department

Nickname: n0tch
Team: Flatout Club

Postby Tom Ilsbroux » 11 Oct 2010, 18:19

Big congrats Will, perfect race. First Win, now the next (not if i can help it ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ).

Awesome race this, perfect car/track combo, just like the previous one.
Loved every minute of it.

Qual, suck at that but not to bad i think .

Race, Wasn't easy first lap, cold tyers/cold brakes. Needed to take some avoiding action. Bit of a blurr what all hapened in the first few corners.

But from then on it was great, very close battle with Adam. Just love those battles with you adam, Some interlocking wheels but all went perfectly clean i think. It great feeling when you trust the other guy one is fighting with. Shame it didn't last much longer.
I had great confidence in the car, so i could push hard.

That fight opened a gap to Will and Risto, which i couldn't close anymore.
Had some pain in the left foot, def need to adjust the pedals more, the angle it still to high. This pain made i had to ease now and then, making the gap abit bigger as.

But can't complain, was awesome race.

Love these cars. Can't believe the difference with the first race where i was absolutly nowhere. Lol feels like the F1 79 all over.
Phenom II x4 945 | GTS250 512Mb | 16GB DDR3 |ASUS M5A99X EVO | G25 Wheel | GameRacer Elite
Tom Ilsbroux
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Testdriver@Belgium

Return to F1 71