• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 198 on 12 Jan 2017, 04:36
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Collapse view

F1 71

• Advertisement

Suzuka afterthoughts

Suzuka afterthoughts

Postby Risto Kappet » 17 Oct 2010, 20:52

Congrats Iain, Kevin... and so on, everyone else who didn't crash out every 5 laps lol, and who drove one handed

Had lots of action this race -

quali wasn't too good, was a bit off my pb and was sure i could improve alot. was lucky not to end up 4th or beyond. Had a nice oppurtunity on the last minute of the quali but Ken got in the way there, u slowed down allright but on the ideal line and in a blind spot lol.

start wasn't too good either, still haven't figured that one out. Adam rushed ahead of me and after Kevin spun, we had a nice 3 wagon train going on for a moment. Then i spun before completing the first lap, ofcourse, waited almost everyone to pass and then continiued, had some wing damage from that crash on so pace was crappy from the beginning. Then had hard time getting past some people and after good battles i ran into Will, who's one hand attitude was too dangerous so i decided to fix my car and make an early pit. After i got on the way i guess it was Ken then whos mirrors i appeared a bit too fast so i blew into him and my car almost exlpoded lol, engine kept going and important pieces were still attatched, got myself into pits and got going again with a car all yellow but quite drivable i guess. Went on attack for the third time from the back again and after some nice battles again ( especially Tom lols ) finished quite high for a terrible race i had. Some points atleast, a long time since i have finished.
Will try to get proper practice thru my STC practice sessions, since this great track got so much better in the end as i was getting used to it.
And can't let Iain win this champ god damnit Happy2
Risto Kappet
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Nickname: Launger
Team: Flatout Racing

Re: Suzuka afterthoughts

Postby Ken Bell » 17 Oct 2010, 21:07

Well done Iain for the win. A good race, but bad luck to Adam (I think) for problems with stop/go.

I really went as fast as I could but could not keep up with anyone really. My concentration was good and apart from a few minor spins, had a good race. But one mistake I made was lucky: went offline to let Risto lap me, but went on a white line and the rear came out and we hit. Sorry about that Risto.

My next race all I would like is to not be lapped. That is my aim. :punchie: falldownlaugh
What, no slippers and smelly pipe?
Ken Bell
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Nickname: Chillster
Team: Flatout Club

Postby Geordie » 17 Oct 2010, 21:20

Congrats to Ian on a great drive, well deserved win.
For me got caught out on lights, did a lovely 360, and then got my head down and car straight, and then began the race lol2

Pleased with my pace, having only got to grips with my right foot wanting to floor that peddle all the time.....!!

My pit stop went ok, i know some had fuel put in, so felt pleased it went smoothly, soon was in battle with Andy, which i think we both enjoyed.

For 30 minutes we where no more than 2 secs apart and at times with in .1 :punchie: We where faster in different parts of the track, but where even in times I suspect.

Enjoyed it Andy hope to do battle again soon, I suspect you want to keep me at bay next time though....

Cheers guys, at work next Sunday, but will hop on server to learn more, and hopefully improve my skills for the next time Cool0044
Geordie
Flatout Member
Flatout Member

Postby Iain Wilton » 17 Oct 2010, 22:35

Grats Kev and Barry for the other podium places.

This was a great car / track combo, and loved every lap. Nice choice Adz :)

Quali - Poor judgement by me when going for a hot lap calculating the distances I needed to other drivers meant I did not get a half decent lap together until deep into quali. A 58.4 was okay but would of liked to have got into the 57's.

Race - Got the start I needed to make T1 still in the lead, but Adz was really going for it. He had me worried as I knew if he was closer than 0.4 seconds out of the Spoon curve he would have a shot into the chicane after the 130R. And from earlier practise races I learned he had the balls and the skill to pull it off Loony

As Kev was keeping him busy I was able to pull away slowly, and got the cushion I needed. Decided to pit after about 1 hour, but could of easily have gone alot further on the tyres. Last 20 minutes saw me lap a few times in the 58's and even went quicker than my quali lap :) TBH, this was probably one of the best races I have had for consistancy, and only made 1 slight mistake which was losing the back a bit out of the chicane and maybe lost less than 1 second. Not bad for a 80 minute race.

Real hard luck Adz, not been a very good week for you, but am sure you will bounce back better and quicker.

Gutted I am missing next week, but suppose I should come home sometime and see the family! :)
4.4GHz AMD FX 4170 Quad Bulldozer CPU / Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 / 24GB 1333Mhz DDR3 / GeForce GTX780 / 1 TB WD Bk HD / Samsung 27" Curved / Fanatec 911 Wheel - ClubSport Pedals + GT Omega Racing Rig / GameCom 780 Headset 7.1 DTS & BOSE Speakers
Iain Wilton
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Nickname: Irw76

Postby Dice » 18 Oct 2010, 00:06

Well done Iain, Kev and Barry. Bad luck there Adz, makes the top of the table very interesting tho. Wow so happy, that went a lot better than expected. Quali went as expected was well up on my time but blew it into the chicane. Got a fairly good start but saw a spinner and backed out which let Tom nip thru into turn 2. Had a good battle getting past only to blow it into turn 1 as I was saying no worries to Tom and couldn't get my hand back in position to downshift and steer so ran wide letting Tom, Risto and Andy thru. Managed to get bye and put the hammer down to catch Barry which was going well till the pitstops when my crew gave me a full tank and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't close the gap.

Dice.
Dice
Flatout R&D crew
Flatout R&D crew

Name: Will Currington
Nickname: Dice

Postby Andy Roberts » 18 Oct 2010, 10:06

well done winners I really wanted to do well here kinda lost the bug but now its back spent sat / sun practicing but still couldnt get below 2 mins thought I might get tom on qualiy then he made a pb so was happy near the back but only just off the pace.
got a good start manged to work my way through a few and was keeping up with will and tom for a good 15 mins then stupid mistakes crept in and could see them getting further away so pitted early and seemed to work as when tom came out of the pits was only a second ahead managed to stay with him for a few laps then noticed Iain was about to lap me so looked behind to see where he was and ended up in the sand tom was long gone but then had a fantastic battle with nic for the last 15 mins evry time I pushed hard he pushed that bit more thought I could get him on the last lap but out broke myself at the chicane still a good result and only lost one lap so must be getting quicker just need more consitancy.
Andy Roberts
Flatout Core Member
Flatout Core Member

Postby Adz1200 » 18 Oct 2010, 19:20

Congrats to Iain for another great win, Kev and Barry for podiums.

Got a pb in Q, still 4th but a good start and a bit of luck saw me up to 2nd place by the first corner.
I knew if I could keep on Iain's tail through spoon curve that I would stand a chance of taking the lead on the back straight but the problem was that Iain knew this too and pulled away nicely through sector 1 and then my focus was on first Risto then Kev chasing me down.
Had some great laps with Kev until I spun out and dropped back to 4th on the 10th lap.
After that I had Risto behind me and I decided to pit early, partly as an alternative strategy but also to save time trying to defend against Risto who was on a charge!
Unfortunately Risto caught the back of my car as I turned and headed for the pit, sorry bud I should have told you to go past.
During the pit I got a stop n go, at least I thought it was a stop and go, after three tyre changes I realised it was a drive through penalty and the next time round I tried one but got a DQ for not completing it a lap earlier.
Bummer, still it was fun while it lasted, these last few days haven't been my finest hour in terms of Racing but these things happen sometimes, its all lessons learnt.

Cheers guys.

Ps. Well done Will, tough race for ya m8 but you finished well !
Adz1200
Flatout Club Admins
Flatout Club Admins

Name: Adam Shaw

Return to F1 71